New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

03-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
sdiegofungirl
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2003 525i, Sport, Premium

Selling 03 E39. Now what?

Looking for some advice about what car to purchase that will provide me with reliability and lower cost maintenance. I am single and my mechanic is not close and it has become a monthly hassle and expense to maintain this car and time to find something that I can rely on.
I have driven bimmers for 10 years now (02 - Z4, 06 - 325i) and do love them but now that I am single can't manage the maintenance.
I'd like something sporty and fun to drive and solid on the freeways. I am a bit of a car snob so the Honda Accord isn't too appealing.
I know there are great car experts on this site and need some help so look forward to any suggestions.
Ideally I'd like to stay below $25K if possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
gtMc
Captain
Rep

Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
i'd suggest an e85M but the maintenence might get to you there as well. Can you find a CPO e9x series of sorts still under extended warranty for under 25k? it will probably be the closest match to the experience you have grown accustomed to from BMW, as you know from the '06 you owned.