01-30-2024, 04:33 PM   #80
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
amazon appears to be heading the way of ebay to me... with cheap chinese junk sold on most of the site by 3rd part resellers... and its easy to get an amazon price match anywhere
Oh nooooo... you're gonna trigger the op to have a nervous breakdown!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
That's how it was this whole time for me and the wife. Not until about last Fall is when we saw the change.

I would do the exact same thing as you and keep the box until I know for sure I am keeping the item. I honestly just read Amazon is trying to crack down on returns. I can most certainly take it to Kohls or Whole Foods and Staples for free. But why bother when there is a UPS store close by and it's faster?!

It's no biggie, but a little like, wtf. Won't stop me from buying..that's for sure. I think Amazon delivery drivers are at our house about 2-3 times per day. It's just too easy. I know I already got a package I ordered last night in bed and it came at 7am this morning.
They have done the $1 thing here also. Actually I use to be able to schedule a UPS PICKUP for free. That was the best and I would always do that. They killed that a while ago and I always had to take it to UPS. On my last return UPS return was $1 but returning to Staples or some other locations was free.

I buy everything on Amazon or now I use Walmart sometimes, but prime is getting less and less worthwhile to me. Most of the stuff I buy I don't need immediately, the added benefits like prime video and music are getting shittier and shittier. Now they will have ads on Prime video unless you pay more, their music app has always been shit, especially in the car and now you can't even save more than 1 playlist for offline listening and they are constantly trying to sell you the "upgraded" plan. I've actually accidentally signed up for that crap more than once I think.

I'm getting real close to dumping prime.