View Single Post
      06-30-2023, 06:00 PM   #5
Fernandes15
Registered
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 525i (e39)

Garage List
I actually just picked one up yesterday for $4500 in San Diego ('01 525i)

158k miles, only thing that helped me justify the purchase was that the Carfax came back extremely clean, well maintained, owner knew what he was talking about. I know the maintained I shall bear will be expensive, but it's my second car ever. Recent highschool graduate, old Camry actually broke down on me so my next thought? - buy a bimmer. You're only 18 once.

Of course I was very excited to join these forums, and I figured i'd best reply to yours seeing as it pertains to my situation. For everyday tasks and errands, my dad lets me use his car (until I go to college) because I want to go easy on the car. Ultimately, I'm not too concerned with the depreciation factor since the milage is so high and its not a motorsport trim.

I will keep looking through these forums, and as for right now, I'm primarily looking for a consolidated list of the top 10 (or so) basic/essential things I should be doing for my car to keep it going to at least ~200k miles. Currently, I fill up with 91 octane but these gas prices are out of control here in SoCal.

Cheers