View Single Post
      04-25-2017, 05:43 AM   #41
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep

Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

A guy I work with wanted me to go with him to buy a Honda 3 weeks ago. The promo was sign and drive for $199/mo. We test drive a civic. He liked it and decided to buy the black car we tested. He calls his insurance with vin and I left. 45 min later he calls me and says new car is blue. Payment is not $199 but $350. Gets car home and realized not the same option package as black car. We return next day. Manager all apologetic for mistake. Going to make it right. I tell buddy to drop the $40/mo gap insurance. We work at a body shop so no need for it. The manager also stated 1st payment is free. No tricks the lease payment is 35 months not 36. Asked about cancelling gap insurance and was told can drop it anytime, but buyer should really think about it during the free month.

We get to contract and yup 36 payments. Called about gap next day and yes you can cancel, but the payment doesn't change(you get a check in 3 years). So they really played all the games. Bait and switch, Shell game, and straight lie.

Just glad it wasn't me. Autofair Honda in Manchester, NH. Really never seen anything like it. There is more shenanigans but you get the picture.