View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #40
E92inNC
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Around 2008 I was looking at the first gen TSX and there were only a few manuals around my area.

One was at a Scottsdale Infiniti dealership and they advertised it on Autotrader for $16k which became $18k after the test drive because of "added value" for paint protection and other nonsense which I already knew is BS. Long story short they wanted me to put $2k down and $500/month for 60 months and I smiled at them and walked out. I also took the credit app with me so they wouldn't be able to run my credit and they called an hour later saying to come back and return it for "legal reasons" and they try to get me a better deal once I come back in. I laughed and told them it was in pieces and which trash bin it was in so they could go get it.

Second TSX I found was at a VW dealership about 50 miles away and after the test drive I got them to put in on the lift so I could check it out since the guy seemed like he didn't know what the hell he was talking about the entire time. I pretty knew what to look for since I was working as a lube tech for Honda at the time while going to school. Found two leaking shocks and a few other minor things that I said they needed to replace before I buy it. The next day the guy leaves me a voicemail saying they did all this stuff to it and addressed all of my concerns and wanted me to come back in for the paperwork. Then at the end he went on for 30 seconds about the rear differential. Needless to say I didn't waste my time driving back there.