View Single Post
      07-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #14
Z K
Major General
Rep

Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I think buying a CPO car can be a good deal if you make sure you inspect what you are buying but I would rarely pay a premium for a CPO car over a non-CPO used car.

I've seen CPO cars in terrible shape. One had dog hair all over the rear seats and across the dashboard, it had dents all across the roof. It looked like pets (dogs?) walked over the roof causing little dents where it stepped. This was a "CPO" car that somehow passed their BS 1000 point inspection and was "cleaned". Sure, you get the extra warranty... but no way would I call that a good buy at a few thousand over an equivalent used car.

I would say, inspect the car as you would any used car. A CPO car is nothing special in my book. My only consideration is the extra warranty of a CPO car. If you feel like paying for the extra warranty is worth it, then go for it - otherwise it is just any other used car.

A lot of dealers will throw on a CPO certification so they can mark the car up and sell it for more... little or nothing is done to the car.