06-11-2018, 09:51 AM   #31
DerEisbaer
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & VW Golf Mk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
I’m on car 12 (2018 Nissan QASHQAI) and soon to be adding number 13 (V8 M3), and I haven’t hit 30!

The QASHQAI I bought for work, and the M3 will be a fun weekend car.
Hoping the combo of an excellent new work car plus an awesome weekender will keep me away from the car listings for a while!

Think the thing that would push me to make another change is being able to afford a 911 991.1 Carerra S or GTS.
That's my current situation and as many others have said as well, the two-car combo might do the trick.
The M3 "wakes me up" every weekend when I drive it. It scares me, and it keeps me focused more than any other car that I have owned (16 so far @ 32 yrs of age; If you deduct my two company cars, this is one car for each year).
Modifying the cars, tailoring it up to what you want can help - but can also frustrate you.

I tend to have kept those cars around the longest, where I can enjoy driving so much, that eventually, I will mute all thoughts and "noise" in my daily life. The Mk2 GTI does that, the E39 Cruiser does it remarkably well, and the M3 does. All the others, I use as a tool (=daily workhorses) or sell.

But don't worry, you are not alone. Definitely not.
baege1334.00