Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep

Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
the cost of 3 gallons of gas a week is a small price to pay for ones dignity and self respect
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post

You ever see how miserable the guy behind the wheel looks driving one of those things? I'd rather walk.
The two of you are perfect examples of the irrational dislike of minivans I mentioned.

I personally am comfortable enough with myself that driving a minivan would not cause me to lose my dignity and self respect, or feel miserable. Quite the contrary: I would feel happy that I have the vehicle best suited to hauling around a family with 3+ kids.

Modern minivans are luxurious, efficient for the amount of people and stuff they can haul, and much easier to drive and park than a full size SUV that drives like a bus. Some of them even have built-in shop vacs for cleaning up after the kids. If I had 3+ kids, I would happily buy a minivan.

Clearly there are enough insecure people out there who are willing to pay a premium to drive a full size SUV because they're too afraid to be seen driving a minivan.

What are you trying to hide? All driving a minivan says is "I have a bunch of kids." You know what else says that? Walking around with your kids. Why is that something to be ashamed of?
Don't care how practical a minivan may be. No one drives one because they want to. A vacuum in the cabin? Are you kidding? Who gives a F?
Germanauto9702.50