07-24-2017, 07:15 AM   #23
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I think buying a CPO car can be a good deal if you make sure you inspect what you are buying but I would rarely pay a premium for a CPO car over a non-CPO used car.
Pretty much same with me. I would generally prefer a CPO over a non-CPO with two cars that are the same but I won't pay a lot more for the CPO as I see it as essentially buying an extended warranty from the manufacturer. I currently have a CPO because it was the only car I could find that matched the specs I wanted at close to the price I wanted to pay. I thought it was an ok deal so I bought it and the CPO did add some amount of value to the total.

Then anything used you buy, whether from a new dealers, used lot, or individual you should look at it the same, buyer beware. Some of all of the above are dishonest and on the flip side some of all of the above are honest but buying something as expensive as a car and expecting complete honesty (or they possibly miss it themselves) is asking for troubl.