View Single Post
      10-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #9
catcher22
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb762 View Post
If you put on your signal, they will universally speed up to keep you from merging. I am very conscientious about looking for a gap when merging on the highway, and I have even had people speed up to keep me from merging ahead of them.
Sorry dude, I know how you feel. I totally agree. I grew up around DC/MD/VA and I'm so desensitized to the shit driving skills around here. I don't even get mad at anyone anymore for even the most dangerous driving antics, it's effin sad.

Turning on your blinker to let people know you want to merge into their lane? Not a chance in hell around here. If there is someone remotely close to you, the minute you turn your blinker on, they WILL close the gap. This is very common in DC/MD/VA. It's sad to see out of state drivers get overtaken by car after car, not understanding why nobody will let them in

But, at least around here, most people have no idea what they're doing behind the wheel, and 9 out of 10 times the person merging into your lane will drive slower than you. It will make you go mad.

Not sure about Hawaii, but I think driving in NOVA is almost equivalent to driving in Manhattan, except the drivers have much shittier skills and could care less about doing the right thing.

What do you expect from a country that hands out drivers licenses like water bottles?

Last edited by catcher22; 10-24-2017 at 03:19 PM..
cjb7621221.50