10-24-2017, 12:06 AM   #24
blschaefer1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2022 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
All this talk about which brand is faster and better is all just people trying to reinforce how big their weewee's are.

Fact: 95% of owners of any of these vehicles will never go anywhere near a track. These cars will all get to 30 in the traffic that they will be driven in at the same speed.

After owning BMW's my entire life, I've decided to change things up and ordered an S5 Coupe. The interior design and fit and finish on the Audi's demolish the 3/4 series and AND the Mercedes C43.
It’s interesting, after many years of owning all manner of high performance cars I’m finding myself far less interested in magazine reviews (why do they need to rank them and try to a define a ‘winner’?), performance stats, and certainly how many fractions of a second one car is faster around a track versus another. Much time is spent on this forum and others debating lap times on stock street cars which I find almost comical at times.

Ergonomics, street handling, fit and finish, and the fun factor are more critical these days, to me at least.

This is simply a great time to be a car enthusiast. So many good options out there. S3 is a perfect example. Checks many boxes, super fun to drive, excellent fit, finish, and ergos, and does not break the bank.

Congrats on the S5! The 2018’s are gorgeous.

Last edited by blschaefer1; 10-24-2017 at 12:29 AM..