View Single Post
      01-20-2017, 07:05 AM   #155
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Every post about ev states in timeframe x, say 5-10 yrs for example, the tech WILL be this or do that. BS. There is NO certainty it will. WILLimplies definite certainty. When it comes to scientific advances, you can't state absolutes. You can say may, should, is expected to, etc. But WILL, etc, complete bs.
Every discussion has a context. The arguments in this particular thread are predicated on the assumption that what Van Meel says - that M will eventually build electric cars - are true. But he doesn't really know that for sure. He is not a omniscient. He's making statements based on the progression of the technology to date and the ways his employer has been able to apply it in working products today.

However, if the technology ends up being impractical for use as the basis of products that are meant to succeed those that we buy today from the M division, then they will go another direction. What they will not do is build products that no one will buy. So, if and when an M electric car arrives, it will be an effective replacement for today's M vehicle.

P.S. Do me a favor and watch the swearing, ok? Passion ignites emotion, and that's great, but I ask that you keep it under control. I would hate to have to delete entire posts because of one or two poorly judged sentences. Thank you.