View Single Post
      12-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #17
IMOLAM5
Schneller
Rep

Drives: A car

It is not a bad price for the mileage. The mileage is considered low, not high for a 2001.

I have owned my 2002 M5 for nearly two years now. It has been an outstanding vehicle. Sure, it's no Toyota in the reliability department, but then again, it doesn't drive anything near like my Toyotas either.

You need have an pre-purchase inspection done on ANY car you buy. Let BMW or another competent independent shop go over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Yes, a M5 can be expensive to fix, but then again, any BMW is. I have owned BMW's almost all my life and the parts are just expensive period.

I also suggest you log in and read read read on the M5board.com. Look at the top of the E39 section, there are a BUNCH of threads about what to look for what to be aware of in these cars.

Along with Titanium silver, Carbon black is one of the most popular colors out there.

If you buy this one, or another, you will not be disappointed. This is a classic car with classic styling. There is a BIG reason why the newer E60's are going down in price, of course I am biased, but no E39 ever went down in price so quick. I feel really bad for all the new E60 owners that are loosing their pants on that car. A great car, but not as distinguished as the E39 (my opinion only, don't flame).

Regards,
John