View Single Post
      12-09-2017, 06:30 PM   #46
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4nut View Post
Ok. Maybe I should post this elsewhere, but I want to go on record that the best thing about the Dinan stage 2 tune is that solved all of my DCT related drivability issues. All of them!! No crazy confusion at low speeds, no more herky jerky when coming to a stop then go situation. It holds the gear just a bit longer, and downshifts earlier. When I asked the install shop if it would change any of the shifting they said no. So I don't know what the exactly it did, but I suspect it just prioritized performance over economy? Whatever, I love my car now! And the added power is a massive bonus. So happy I chose Dinan.
It's good doing the S2 flash resolved your problems. For me, it only helped partially. With the A/C off, the issues everyone complains about with the DCT were pretty much gone. Once the A/C was turned on, the car was unbearable to drive at low speeds. Here's my thread on what ultimately fixed the problem for me:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1402323

This is after doing the PPK, SIB 12-15-14, and the Dinan S2 tune.