View Single Post
      07-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Lt. General
Rep

Drives: X5 5.0, 540i, 1965 C2

Thumbs up

Only have aligned by BMW expert...not Joe's alignment and tire shop. Need full tank fuel, and they put weight in each front seat (180 lbs). Because I rarely have anyone ride with me...I did it with 180lbs in driver seat. Many shops not familiar tend to want to Zero out the car.....like they would a Honda!

Rear inside tire wear on your car is normal, but it might be your rear bushings. Jack up the rear, tires off ground, pull and push on the top and bottom of tire trying to rock it in and out. Any movement means bushings are worn and much more movement than that and u need to replace them. This accounts for much of the handling problems in the rear of the e39's.

I ran my PS2's, and now my Conti DW's at 44 lbs. front and 41lbs rear. The most pressure increase that I ever got, after running the car hard for about an hour was 5-6 psi increase, and the rears always had the more increase than the fronts. This keeps me below the max inflation of 51 psi and I always get great tire wear "across" the tread.

good luck