View Single Post
      11-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #32
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Another thing i have seen a couple of people mention, all in cost. As an aussie the north american habit of tacking on random fees and charges and taxes onto the costs of goods and services drives me absolutely mental. yeah, yeah different state taxes but so fucking what? It's just stupid.

So when i walk in i first say, "ok we are interested but let me make this clear, the numbers we talk are drive away, as in you hand me the keys and we drive it away, zero extras, if i see extras i will end the discussion". very polite but to the point, i say it with a smile but ensure i get acknowledgement from the dealer.

Most still fuck it up, we agree on a number then "$600 in dealer prep fee" ... i don't care what your fee is or how you work the numbers, it's not my problem, all i care about is what i pay. To BMW's credit, the sales guy got it, said no problem but he'd have to use the computer so it auto tallies the numbers to a total once he types in the gross selling price, i really appreciated that and the sale was done fast.