View Single Post
      09-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #49
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
True up until Apple had time to launch new products. The X are okay, a non horrible looking Air Pod. They're not fantastic sonically by any stretch, but I blame that more on BT than the actual drivers.

Apple designed beats are worth a look, nothing like the pre Apple products which were Bose levels of bad. For a workout headphone where you're in a noisy environment, the Beats X are more enjoyable and certainly more playful than the Etymotics, and unsurprisingly, better driven directly from the iPhone without an external amp or DAC, which I use for the Ety and AKG.
It's not common I run into someone that uses an external amp/DAC. Big props. I use a Ray Samuel's Predator amp when I go for the serious listening with my headphones which are Shure SE535 or Grado SR100. I have an old AKG K280 but one of the drivers in the dual driver setup is damaged. Still sounds halfway decent but prefer the SR100 now.