View Single Post
      06-13-2018, 05:34 PM   #12
amgraham
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

You can still get business/enterprise units from Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc. with Windows 7. But... despite the here and there complaints, I don't know why you would. Give it up, Go to Win 10. I have five Win 10 PCs running in the house, some of which don't even officially support it, but I upgraded while it was free, just in case.

Per the active Window switching problem yeah... I've seen that but... It only seems to occur on my official, real work laptop and with Chrome or Java based apps. It doesn't happen on any of my personal PCs.

Long story short, yeah, you can still get systems that support Win 7, out of the box but... You'd have to order a business/enterprise unit from a vendor that supports that line of business. You won't get that cash-and-carry. You certainly won't get those from Asus, MSI, etc. that are more focused on the consumer/home market. You'll have to go with a vendor that supplies business/enterprise units. But... you're going to pay more and get less, in terms of specs, just to maintain that Win 7 compatibility.
jaye9441014.00