View Single Post
      11-18-2021, 12:56 PM   #154
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I have gone through a lot of cars and I don’t think I regret many of them. There is probably only one that I truly regret and I’m thankful it got totaled so I could get out of it and that was my 2007 BMW 335i. What a pos! It probably spent more time at the dealer than at home and the dealer was so bad they spent more time repairing the shit THEY broke than the original problems. Dealer even managed to crash that one on their lot, also got rear ended just a few weeks after I bought it. That thing was nothing but problems and back luck. I also never got use to that horrible interior with the camel humps.

I had a MKV GTI that I only regretted because I got it automatic. I was sold on the new dual clutch tech… nope still an automatic and boring as hell.

I technically owned a G37 for less than a week. I had always wanted one because we had an EX35 and I really liked that little SUV. I thought that engine with a manual in a sporty car would be awesome. Nope. Aside from finding out the car had clutch issues and had recently had the clutch replaced (guess previous owner couldn’t drive stick) the whole transmission was just crap. Felt super sloppy and the engine was sloooow to rev so rev matching and what not was almost impossible. Luckily I gave that shit back to carmax before the 7 days or whatever for a refund.

Had a Mini S with the Cooperworks package or whatever its called. That this was fun and had a crazy loud exhaust you could control with a little bluetooth button. Also had a BRZ which was a lot of fun to drive. You could go balls to the wall and only be doing 50mph. My issue with both was they were just very uncomfortable cars to be in for more than a short drive.

Had a VW CC that I swear had some kind of suspension issue because it truly felt like a boat floating on water. Any bump would cause it to scrap the plastic plate underneath. I guess I actually regretted that one also, but it was cheap so still not as bad as the 335.