View Single Post
      05-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335i

Advice : May Purchase MINT 03 530i Sport

As the title says I possibly am going to pull the trigger on a very well maintained 2003 530i sport. Details of the car are uncertain so far BUT I beleive its a low mileage car.

My questions for the board are simple. What are some BASIC things I should be looking for when I testdrive/look at the car? I know it has never been crashed/painted. I would just like to get the car and do some typical preventive maintance stuff to keep her running like a champ.

I have been reading around that the coolant system is a usual problem. What mileage range does this typically occur? Also something about a rear light harness burning out? Windshield rubber drying up? Vanos leaks?

Im not concerned I just want to get the car do as much as is necessary for the mileage it has and learn the auto as much as possible.

In the future I plan to add the wide navi screen and thats pretty much all I have planned. Other then a long clay/polish/wax job(even though the paint is a 8/10 in current form).

Any advice or info is welcome.

Thank You in Advance

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!

Last edited by BaLLzZz; 05-26-2012 at 03:39 PM..