United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I do think that is cool, but nothing else really appeals to me...especially the lack of a home button.
Surprisingly, one gets used to the lack of home button rather quickly and doesn't miss it at all.

The Control Center being in the upper right hand corner takes more effort than it should to access, so that's inconvenient during one-handed usage.
I've enabled "Reachability" to help alleviate it, although it's still not always easy to activate with the current phone case I'm using.

But if anything, it's FaceID that needs refinement.
Most of the time, it works just fine and I've been amazed at how intuitive it is when it works.
However, there are still enough daily situations where it won't read your face, which can get annoying:
1) FaceID is not particularly good in low-light situations, or if you're lying down. So say you're in bed but not asleep/can't sleep and you wanna check some messages or news or whatever, you're going to be entering your passcode.
2) FaceID is also not a very flexible system; if you happen to be performing another task that involves your face changing shape slightly, or an object slightly obstructing your face (i.e., eating, smoking, yawning, etc.), you better complete that task first, or you'll be condemned to enter your passcode.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread