01-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
Red Ryder
e46 lover
United_States
Rep

Drives: '99 Accord EX-L 2dr - 3.2L 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by phefner View Post
Its a GREAT CAR..recently gave mine up at auction after 13 FANTASTIC years. Just didn't have the room for it plus my newer bimmer. Auction fetched $2800, all proceeds to Vietnam Veterans..and I found it being sold here for about $8500. It needed over $6K in paint & body, $4K in interior work (seat mechanism inop) plus the overhead was peeling back from the rear window forward. From what I could tell they did the easy body work but left the seats alone.

Drive train SOLID..BUT, recently over last few years put in no less than $5K in engine and tranny work..mostly to replace gaskets. Nothing major.

Drove that beast thru every snow storm here in the midwest and with quality snow tires, never an issue.

Hope you find yours...as I told the wife, if we had the space, I'd still have mine.

Here is the link to where it was being sold...worth checking to see if the deal actually went thru.

http://www.premiummotorsinc.com/2003...IL_6101763.veh
Thanks, I'm not in a hurry so hopefully if I'm patient enough I will find the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpathic View Post
These are _high maintenance. Avoid. For the money you have and maybe can finance, you will do much better with an E60.
I thought about a 550 but no matter how hard I try I just cannot get myself to love the Bangle BMW's inside or out. It's pretty much 540 or something else non-BMW, at least right now.