View Single Post
      10-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
ericbikes
Rep

Drives: 2000 528i

E39- Did I fry it?? Please help!!

OMG- I have a 2000 528i (it's been running great) and was trying to figure out the SRS light issue. I have a launch CR 229 scanner that showed me some SRS fault codes. One of the codes was the F0 Controller fault code. I wanted to see if disconnecting battery would do anything so I did that carefully and waited 5 mins, touched +/- cable ends together for 10s and reconnected the battery. The SRS light was still on the dash. So, I re-ran the scan and it showed the same 4 SRS fault codes. There happened to be 2 other wheel sensor codes that I dismissed (I recently reinstalled the right speed sensor and the light went off, so I cleared the fault codes for that from memory). I mention this incase it's related somehow.

When I went to start the car, it just clicked and no ignition. I tried maybe 6-7 times and now the car is acting like the battery is dead (no lights on dash except battery and oil), so I removed the battery cables and reinstalled just to make sure. I put a charge on it and it does not seem to make a difference. Only the oil and battery light will come on and the car is basically dead. No action at all when I turn the key.

The battery is good and the car has always started without issue. I had just started it before I removed the battery. What the heck happened???