View Single Post
      11-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
SixBanger
Captain
Rep

Drives: 08 135i

Venting a little about life.....

Tonight I went to a "close" couples' house for dinner, whom I thought was loyal until tonight. For this purpose we'll call them: Brian and Michelle. I grew up on the same street as Brian since I was 1. I always hung out with Brian and have been close to him for many years. His parents still live on the same block and I see them from time to time. Brian became a firefighter in 09 and met Michelle in the same year. 2010, they got married and started having kids in 2011.
I was very close to Michelle as well and her family since she started dating Brian.
My life hasn't been the easiet, especially starting in 1995. I was 15 and diagnosed with Cardiac Heart Failure. As you can imagine it's been nothing but a living hell. Lifes been really good and I've been healthy since then due to 2 heart transplants. I was in and out of school all of the time, and never got to do well in High School due to being in and out of hospitals. So, I never really was able to finish high school with a decent GPA to get into a decent college. I work currently as a pharmacy tech, but im not really making the money I'd like to make. Having ADHD only spins your wheels. I am currently 34 and living with my mom in her house since the age of 1. I work full time and I'm always staying busy. I'm also contemplating on going back to school as well.

Brian and Michelle invited me over for dinner tonight. They have a 4 y/o and a 5 y/o kid. Wonderful and smart kids. As I was sitting downto eat, right after I walked in to their house. Their 5 year old asked me: " I can't believe you still live at home at the age of 34". I about died to hear that from her. That of itself just means she heard the parents talking and repeated it. Im a little upset and bothered by that to be honest. I want to say something to the parents, but I don't want to lose their friendship. I really want to tellthem how I feel. I don't know where to go from here with this. Any input would be great.

Last edited by SixBanger; 11-11-2017 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Typo