View Single Post
      05-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #1
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Airline staff behaving badly

It's been the rage in the news lately about airline staff treating customers badly. The recent surge in horrible stories about how airlines and airport security are treating the passengers has got me wondering. Is it really worse than "normal" or are airlines just in the cross-hairs right now?

I'm not saying the airlines and their staff are perfect by any means. But, is this recent bash-the-airlines news frenzy justified?

In my case, after flying extensively in the US and to/from Europe and Asia for 30 years, I've not seen one case personally of an airline staff member doing anything that would result in a news story. On the other hand, I've seen countless cases of dickwads and dickwadettes behaving badly on airplanes.

When you get 200-300 people crammed into a closed container for many hours things are bound to happen from time to time.

What's your experience. Are the airlines and their workers evil and deserving such wrath, or are they just trying to cope dealing with passengers who don't always want to play nice?