View Single Post
      03-30-2024, 02:45 PM   #443
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
no there is. you compare their karting times to max karting times they are within the same pace.

and i specified if money wasn't an issue for some of these people they could be protentional freaks in Formula.

and knowing from personal friends who compete in the euro karting championship, i truly believe what they say.
Comparing kart times from Max 12-15 years ago to ones now means very little. Tires, engine tech all make newer faster - plus track themselved get faster. That's like me saying a 2016 M4 GTS is as fast as a 2004 Carrera GT on the N'Ring since the times are the same. Well, the CGT was on a basic summer tire and the GTS a Cup2 tire, plus tire tech has exponentially gotten better in that time frame where a CGT on Cup tires today would likely be 20 seconds faster when the tire variable is negated and the N'Ring has been paved making it faster and smoother.
I'm not saying there arent good drivers, but until one actiually beats Max, same day, same car, I have a hard time believing it due to the above. I have a friend with two sons who competed and only lost to Geoge Russel but I wouldnt say they were faster than half of the F1 grid.
Drivers like Max come around once a century. I doubt there is a cohort of Max-like talent, otherwise someone would sponsor them and get them to F1.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 03-30-2024 at 02:55 PM..