secretanchitman
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 F82 M4 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
As was the case with the Fxx 5/6 Series vs. the Fxx M5/M6, it is very possible that the lesser series offerings will lose the MT option before their M counterparts do. In fact, this is already the case today when comparing the 4 Series convertible to the M4 convertible. Therefore, even if the next M2 and M3/M4 keep the manual, the next 2 Series and 3/4 Series may not have one on offer.

I don't necessarily think this will be the case for the upcoming G generation. However, it may very well be the case that fewer G2x and G4x models are offered with the manual transmission than their predecessors. In other words, the MT may not be offered with as many engines and drive types as it is today. BMW has already narrowed the list (for example, you can't get a 330i xDrive with a manual anymore) so further reduction would come as no surprise.
That's true and I completely agree. IMO as long as they make sure that 6MT is an option in the M240i/M2, M340i/M3 and M440i/M4 respectively, then that's fine by me.