View Single Post
      01-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
allsystemsgo
Rep

Drives: 2000 528i

Car wont start even with jump

Hey all,

I apologize in advanced if this is a repost, I did search the forums before posting and couldn't find anything that fit this problem.

So I left my car at school for the winter break(about 3 weeks it was unused) and returned last night to find that my battery was dead, so dead I hadda use the key manually to unlock just the driver door. I got my roommate to give me a jump, with his car running and battery hooked up to mine, my car lights came on, radio, dash lights, all that. But when I turned the key all the way over to start the car, it just made a clicking sound(like a relay just going click-click-click for as long as i held the key) I tried multiple times but just got the same result, even with him revving up his engine mine would just not turn over.

I was wondering if it was some type of security measure that locked the starter in case of theft, or if I'm supposed to reset something before starting the car from dead. I even unlocked the car and pressed the disarm button a few times once the battery was hooked up in case the car was still armed. Maybe the alternator or the starter itself is busted, last time I used the car the only problem was a power steering leak that I was going to get fixed but cant seem to move my car. First time on the forums, sorry if this is a stupid or obvious problem.

Thanks in advance,
Adam