View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 11:08 PM   #290
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Yeah, I love mine as well. First time I drove it I knew I had to have it. Not perfect and yes it's quirky; part of it's charm imo. Agree that it takes some mastering.

Have heard quite a few unhappy 1er owners complain about their DCTs. Not all of them have issues, though. Wish they all enjoyed it and experienced it the way I have.
Yes, not all DCTs in the 135i's have problems. It's good you're providing a counter balance to my criticisms. But for me, it just makes me a bit more saltier that the product does work for other people. Why hasn't BMW spent time figuring out why we're the special ones and to come up with a fix? It just seems that they threw out one fix but then said, screw it if people are still having problems because we're only dealing with 4 model years of cars with this trans compared to the overall cars in total...not significant enough for us to care to keep applying resources to find and fix the problem.