View Single Post
      04-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
cdmulders
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2013 535xi

Garage List
I still say every day, even after owning my 2000 528i for 6 years, that I love my car. It has 230K kms, but not a squeak or rattle. I've put some money into the suspension (keeping it stock but replacing worn components), and it still is the best overall handling/driving car I've owned. Even my wife's Z4, while a killer for performance, isn't as well balanced as a daily driver in my humble opinion. Yes, the cooling system sucks, and automatic trannies are problematic after a few hundred thousand kms. Still, not a spot of rust on my car, and it has seen many Canadian winters with salt and crud all around. I had it repainted last year just to take out some road rash and minor dings - it looks and drives like new, and did I say that I still love it? Don't rule out a 528i or 530i. They aren't the fastest like the 540i or M5, but the motor is bullet-proof. Mine still doesn't drop or burn any oil, and when I push it hard, it still gives most new cars a run for their money.

Cheers.