View Single Post
      02-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #84
jandref321
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99 View Post
I will have to disagree with you on a few points.

1) technology wise: my 13 F150 fx4 has heated cooled seats, rear cam, remote start, nav, Bluetooth, and it support multiple phones plugged in and multiple Bluetooth attachments, 120v plug. For me to update the nave I simply plug in a sd card. If you ask me the F150 has same if not more technology.

2) Fuel mileage: my past e90 averaged 13-14 mpg based on the 40k miles I drive it(includes 6.0 mpg on track days). The x5 50 has averaged 13.4 over the 55k miles it has been driven so far. My F150(302 coyote v8) has averaged 14.4 over 65k and it has a level and 305/50/20's and it tows a 12' enclosed trailer at times . I call that a win for the truck.

3) Performance: that's easy, a pickup truck will never out perform a BMW SAV. I have upgraded my brakes and have a fox 2.0 suspension which helps but it is still a 6k truck designed to haul shit loads.

4) Luxury: the x5 wins but full leather in the F150 is not bad. The supercrew has tons of space and my kids prefer the F150 on road trips compared to the x5.

Maybe the F150 is nicer than the Toyota or I have a better trim package but I do not compare my Ford to my BMW's. Completely different vehicles for different uses.
You make good points. Ford also retains resale value way better than BMW, except M's, which is why you can buy a used BMW for less than half the original price only a few years later.

Totally different vehicles and manufacturers. No auto manufacturer can be the end all be all, and I'd never advocate purchasing a new BMW, but purchasing a used BMW vs purchasing a used Raptor I'd go BMW. That was kind of my original point.

I'm glad Ford put the tax payer's money to good use when they took out the government loan and were actually able to pay it back. R&D and collaboration moves the industry forward and I'm glad the US is staying in the game.

BTW, I average just over 14 mpg in my X5M and drive it pretty hard...you drive mostly city?

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs