View Single Post
      02-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
530dE39
Poland
Rep

Drives: 530d E39 12-2002

Garage List
2017 BMW x5  [0.00]
Unhappy Cigarette lighter gives too little energy?

Hi,

I have something weird going on. The lighter socket is what I used with the original BMW USB charger.

A week ago the fuse (no 7 in glove-box fuse-box) burned. I replaced it, since I thought it might be just from being old (fuse was still the original from 2003).

I got the replacement fuse at BMW. (took old one out and showed it) and got a replacement. Placed it. Everything seems alright. The green led on the usb charger burns. iPhone charges, but my other phone (Nokia e72) doesn't charge with that cable. I pulled the usb charger and put the original nokia charger (micro usb). Also doesn't charge the phone anymore.

Anybody any idea where I can start searching? Somehow it seems there is electricity going through, but not enough maybe??

I also have the feeling that my iPhone charges must slower than it used too.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!!

EDIT: I checked with a volt-meter the output. Engine off: 12.3V, engine on: 13.8V that seems pretty ok to me. how come that those nokia phones aren't charging? I also tried the nokia of my wife (e52) and it also doesn't want to charge on micro-USB. (As well as through the BMW USB Charger as the Nokia micro usb charger). I'm lost...

Last edited by 530dE39; 02-28-2012 at 03:41 AM..