View Single Post
      08-06-2008, 05:26 AM   #4
415Banker
Philippines
Rep

Drives: 99 LSB WB 540 Touring VF S/C'd

so a quick update on my never ending project...

how many guys do you think it would need to install a KW V2 kit? well me and two other guys (smilez and redribbonarmy both bf.c members, love ya guys!) attempted terribly tonight...but the failure wasn't due to our ignorance...but on a tiny piece of very important information...the stock strut mount's hole for a 540it is about 2 mil thicker than a 528it strut mount...with that being said...the KW V2 was designed around the 528it strut mount...because of this, the perch of the coilover sat a bit too high and the thread of coil was peeking so cleverly....because of that, we couldn't lock in the mount with the coil... so for those with 540it's who plan on doing this mod, make sure u order new strut mounts that are applicable to the 528/530its...it'll save u a night of effort =)...for now, i gotta wait for the right mounts and once i get them, ill continue with my KWV2/Eibach Anti Roll Kit install...

on the lighter side of things...i had dropped off my car at bavarian exclusive over at brea earlier that afternoon...bobby, brad and the rest of the crew at bavx and edgar and edwin of need4speed motorsports in glendale are the only guys i trust with my car in doing wheel installs...anyway, bavx did a spectacular job in making my ugly duckling turn into a beast as it was before (sold the miro 368s to a fellow forum member, which in fact are in good hands!)...

so from this...

to this horribly...(taken before install)

and back to its glory!!!!!!

yup, these are DPE S10's! 20x8 and 20x9.5 with a very aggressive offset of 9 in the front and 12 in the rear =)...to the guy who hooked me up with these rims, u know who u are! thanks soooo much bro! =) anyway, the tires i used to wrap are kumho ecsta spts 1 with 235/35/20 fronts and 275/30/20 rears =)...i had the choice between these and some conti's since they were in an identical price range, but since i've tried tested the traction of the kumhos back then, i had my loyalty with these korean made tires over the OEM induced tires...call me weird, but that's brand loyalty for ya...i'll be rocking these forged wheels for a while until car shows die down..and for daily driving i'm gonna put on the linea corse lemans i have in storage =)...

this is a pic i took with my n95 phone, sorry for the lack of clarity...

these are some pics i took when i picked up arnold at bavx...=)

and others taken at ED prior to the attempted coilover install =)!

these are pics with me cleaning him up afterwards...lol, yeah it was 1am and i had the itch to get him cleaned up, hahaha...

better pics will be coming soon! big thank yous in advance to jj and brandon for their professional grade shooting! hehehehe...

now question in mind is..."do they rub jo?" lol, yes the rears do on rapid dips in the freeway...and also steep turns into driveways...so next question in mind is, "are you still gonna pursue installing the KWV2's and the Eibach Anti-Roll Kit?" yes i am but just the fronts since my rears are absolutely tucked in right now. plus the rear kw (made by koni) shocks will stiffen my rear and actually give me less rubbing...call me crazy, but like i said before its a never ending project...if i have to pull out the fenders, well so be it =)...

fin for now =P...as i still have to prepare arnold more for mfest end of this month!!! =)