Fongngai
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmulders View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carchitect View Post
Wow I just wrote you an article, and it got deleted on accident
But to sum it up, manual gives u the option to drive conservatively in low RPMs to save gas, or drive aggressively, with higher performance than an automatic transmission. Sorry to be so breif, if u have questions just message me.
Fair enough. I've had many cars, sport, luxury, touring, practical, and a mix of both auto and stick transmissions. I don't think having an E39 with auto is a mistake. As with any choice, it all depends on what you like and want. I test-drove both auto and manual transmissions on the E39 before I made my purchase, and I don't regret going with the automatic - it suits what I wanted from my bimmer. It is the smoothest shifting auto I've ever owned, and it is effortless to drive in city traffic. On the other hand, our Z4 has a 6 speed manual, and it is a thrill to drive. There are many who would say that is a mistake and that I should have purchased the Z4 with the 7 speed DCT. It all comes down to personal preference.

Fongngai - enjoy your car!!
Thanks! Anyway I dont have a choice and whatever it is, I'm going yo enjoy and love it. Maybe as I become a better driver then I will move up to te 1 series, enjoy guys!