Rep

Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by d05wtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR48 View Post
Getting a Porsche is good....if you get a well built one and it's under warranty.
Exactly. I used to have a friend who worked in the service center of a Porsche dealership. He was always talking about what POS cars those Porsches were. He'd tell me how customers would bring their cars in for work, find out how much the repairs were, and just tell them, "keep the cars, I'm going across the street to the Lexus or BMW dealer." All sorts of stories I've heard from him.

BTW, why are there always Porsche trolls in the BMW forums? Just strange...like they have nothing better to do. I mean, if I loved Porsches so much, I'd be in the Porsche forums with people that shared the same interests. No offense to the Porsche lovers but IMO, Porsches are some of the ugliest cars ever built. I thought so when I first saw a 911 in the early '70s and I still think that...because NOTHING's CHANGED! They still look the same! To me they look like frogs with those bulging eyes/lights and short stubby bodies. I always see people say Macans are better looking than X4s. Not to me. The Macans and Cayennes are just glorified VW Tiguans and Touregs.
This surprises me. Porsche is just behind Lexus for a reason. In general it seems they are quite a bit more reliable than BMW.

I guess to each his own but Porsches are much better looking than anything BMW produces right now. I don't think Macans and Cayennes are glorified Tiguans and Touregs. If that's true then X6 and X6M are glorified X4 and X4M. Same can be said about X1, X3, and X5. There is very little distinction between them: just bigger and more expensive.
I still think it's because a majority of them are low mileage cars. Also for whatever reason I feel 911/Boxster/Cayman owners are more likely to fill out the forms than those who own the sedan or SUV. It's just my own anecdotal experience with Porsche owners.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line