View Single Post
      04-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
PELeardo
Rep

Drives: 2006 E90

Bluetooth phone retrofit & music together

Hi,

So I've been researching the BMW bluetooth retrofit kits out there for my '03 E39 with factory Nav. BMW does make the ULF module to integrate an iPhone or other smart phone's bluetooth to be used through the car like any bluetooth system you would find today. They even make various adapters that allow you in dock the phone in a cradle in the center arm rest like the original BMW phone system did so the phone can use the enhanced signal reception from the car's atenna. All this is great, but I can't find any info on if this system is also compatible with any connection cables that would otherwise allow you to connect your phone to the radio and play music from my iPhone through the car.

It seems that there is one attachment that allows for music to be played (either by installing a dock in the car and connecting it to the changer port in the trunk, or using an AUX port somewhere in the dash) and there is this separate retrofit kit that allows for bluetooth, but if you want to charge the phone in the arm rest cradle there's no way to play music through the car via that cradle as well.

Does anyone out there no what I'm talking about, or have any experience with this?? I can't be the only person who's through about this!!

Thanks guys