03-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #9
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnizu View Post
981 Cayman S, or a 991.1 S are probably right in your sweet spot. The Cayman is more agile, the 911 is faster. Go drive them and decide for yourself.

Edit just read your price considerations:

Not sure if those are in Euros or dollars. If dollars you will need move back a generation to the 987 Cayman or 997 911. Both are good, but the 997 is a much better overall than the 987 imho.
Thanks for your response. I posted a similar request on a Porsche forum and the one response I got says the Cayman has nowhere to put my furry dog, that I need to look at other models. Without Dude the Doodle being welcome, well, that's a deal breaker :-)

I am starting to think that the best strategy would be to drive all the local ones that come up for sale, and in the end not buy any of them . . . . pretty soon I'll probably become known to the local Porsche community and people will hang up on me when I reply to their Craigs List ads.

There are 3 or 4 used Boxters for sale in my area. Now I realize that these are convertibles and don't think I want another convertible, however test driving something that is local costs essentially nothing, while traveling somewhere to look at a car is expensive. So I am starting to like the idea of accumulating a few free test drives. I have some nice cars, so it isn't like this is some sort of serious itch I have to scratch . . .