View Single Post
      07-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #43
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Haha, this is why I hesitated to post how I distain the way BMW's work.

I knew if "I" was the one who posted this comment I'd get a hail of "Oh, I've never had an issue with mine" and it must be you.

You are too tall, your seat is the wrong height, your wheel is at the wrong angle and yadda yadda yadda.

I did notice today that it would be nice for the indicators to be on the lower part of the dash screen instead of the upper part where they tend to get lost behind the wheel for me. Why should I have to adjust my position for poor german engineering IMO.

Either way, there are over 2,000 posts to this OP comment. And many are as frustrated as the OP and me (or should that be I not me) jump on that too

Witness the fact that one poster commented that his 2018 turn signals operate differently now. Hmmm, I bet there are others that agree that the BMW's turn signals dont operate like most newer cars at least up thru 2017.

For those that feel they work fine, I'm sure if you have always driven BMW's you find it normal and are used to the way they are designed.

I found myself changing lanes again last night on the highway and since I can't see the indicators from my position of comfort the 3 sec attempt at a left lane change signal left was blinking for another 1/2 mile without me knowing it.

Also, as one poster said you can cxl it by pushing down in the same direction again, I tried that and it didn't work. Its that going over a micron of pressure to give me 3 secs and it reverts to like I'm now locked into a full left or right turn

I'll get used to it eventually, but its been 5 months now. Hey, I couldn't play the piano the first time I sat down at one (and I still can't).

Last edited by expidia; 07-18-2017 at 04:12 PM..