United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 X3 M

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I drive a 2017 Chevy Bolt EV...
Dude, that's an awesome post. I don't usually post stuff here but your post was informative and honest. I'm planning on getting an electric vehicle someday (probably my next car) but I wanted to see the Tesla Model 3 launch first, as well as some other options from other brands before I finally switched. The way you rationalize American driving is bang on. I have my daily driver to go to work (which someday will be electric) and I have my family car for road trips if I need more range (which is a highlander Hybrid, btw and absolutely rocks). I plan on getting the electric car and I had a 220v outlet installed in my garage specifically for that purpose, to get a high performance charger in there. I'm actually not surprised that BMW is planning on launching an all electric 3 series at all given where we are headed in this world. There is a higher and higher demand for a lower carbon footprint these days especially with the younger generation. My plan is to get solar panels from SolarCity, a Tesla generator in my house and have an electric car and all this by 2020 if possible...