View Single Post
      09-29-2016, 08:56 AM   #27
csu87
Banned
Rep

Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
That's just being "skinny". What does low amount of muscle have to do with being fat? This term is specifically used for people with visceral (hidden) fat. It's to highlight the fact that some seemingly skinny people suffer from metabolic syndrome, while an obese person with mostly subcutaneous fat can remain healthy.

Yes, but no one is telling him to stop lifting. There are just better ways to cut than being hungry and doing cardio. If you have to do cardio because you eat too much, the obvious conclusion is to eat less, even children would comprehend that.
to your 1st point, if you have a low % of lean body mass, what do you think is taking up the rest of the % of your mass? Again, there is being skinny and there is being cut. They are not one in the same.

to your 2nd point, Im pretty sure everyone has told him to watch what he is eating and to track his intake. The thing is, to cut quickly and efficiently, you need to either severly restrict your intake, which leads to less energy and muscle loss, or use a workout regimen that puts you into a calorie deficit, while still getting the fuel to keep your muscle and strength up.

I know you are going to argue with me on this that all he needs to do is go Keto; thats your answer for everything, but trust me on this. Ive been going though cutting and bulking cycles for over a decade now. This isnt a "I want to lose 10 lbs, how should i do it?" this is a "I want to get cut, how should i do it?". There is a difference.