View Single Post
      04-21-2017, 07:24 AM   #15
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep

Drives: All of them

Garage List
I just pay for 250mbps (10mbps up) internet now ($70). I have PS Vue ($30), Netflix UHD ($12), Amazon Prime ($8.50 or so, really for more than video) and CBS ($10) (CBS not on PS Vue in DC). That puts me at $130 for internet and all those services. I don't feel like I am missing any TV that I want to watch.

It is always good to see what your local provider is offering as far as new customers are concerned. You may quadruple your bandwidth for the same money by simply doing a one year contract. I was at 50mbps and saw ads for much higher speeds on the same tier I was on, so called and complained.

There is no motivation their part to improve your service if you keep paying them. They know you don't really have any other options where you live. The CATV/internet is run like a cartel or gang. They each have their own turf so, it's not like you can call Comcast, TimeWarner, AT&T, FiOS etc to find the best offer like you would a cell phone plan.

Oh and do not rent their equipment. You will save money by simply buying your own cable modem and router. They wanted like $10 a month in rent. I made up the difference within eight months and am still using the cable modem I bought 18 months ago. Just try to buy the newest/fastest one that is on their approved equipment list.

Last edited by c1pher; 04-21-2017 at 07:30 AM..