s_ribs
Private
Rep

Drives: '15 535i xDrive M-Sport, E30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbuse View Post
Thanks for your replies guys!

So I guess I'll try with the clay but I'm pretty nood in that area, never used it.

From what I saw, there are synthetic and natural clay bars, any thoughts on which one to take? From my understanding, I also need a clay lube. Any specific product to suggest?
You can use any quick detailing product as a lubricant. OR... just use the soap and water from your wash bucket after cleaning your car. There is nothing magic about the product to use other than it must provide lubricity to protect your paint. I've had a bottle of ONR (Optimum No-Rinse) concentrate for years. Highly recommend it if you will be using it often, but you would have to order it as I have never seen it at locally.

Also- I've used plenty of traditional clay bars over the years and I just love the new synthetic clay mitts. Grab a cheap-o off amazon. Best part of the synthetic products is they aren't garbage if you accidently drop them. Lubrication requirements are the same for each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbuse View Post
I don't have any paint protector of preference yet... any thoughts on which type to take without risks of messing it up?

Thanks again for your help!
Grab a bottle of Hybrid Solutions (turtle wax) ceramic spray coating or Griots garage Ceramix 3-1 wax. You should be able to get both at local stores, they're inexpensive, and both work really really well.
Edit: you are in Switzerland so I’m likely wrong on local products!

Last edited by s_ribs; 04-08-2024 at 09:28 PM..