View Single Post
      03-26-2024, 06:09 PM   #357
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
The end of Formula One in near. If the 2026 technical specifications doesn't finish F1 then political WOKE ness will finish it off.

Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali is accused of “arrogance” and ‘lacking professionalism’ for allegedly not responding to concerns about the championship racing in countries with poor human rights records.
The assessment comes from UK peer Paul Scriven, a Liberal Democrat, during a House of Lords sportswashing debate held in the chamber on Thursday. He says it was prompted by Domenicali failing to engage.
Scriven is also a vice-chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Groups on Democracy and Human Rights in the Gulf and has repeatedly spoken out against F1 racing and conducting testing in Bahrain.
In the Lords debate, Scriven cited four protesters who he says were “arrested, threatened, verbally abused” after they held a protest near to the Bahrain circuit during the 2023 grand prix.
This came despite Domenicali reassuring that “individuals should be allowed to protest against and criticize our event without intimidation or reprisals”.
It is said these four citizens were then subject to “harassment” in 2024, including the raiding of family houses, police summonses and, in one case, an individual was “tortured and interrogated while blindfolded” in an arrest that was “strategically timed to coincide with the F1 testing… to silence all protest”.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...ogue/10589861/

I know I had to look this up:
Sportswashing is a term used to describe the practice of nations, individuals, groups, corporations, or governments using sports to improve reputations tarnished by wrongdoing. Wikipedia
nah. every heard of Liv Golf, Cristiano Ronaldo/soccer, at the end of the day money wins. they even dismembered an American citizen (ok so they were not white) and the American govt didn't care. and the Americans sell weapons to them that somehow end up being used on Americans and the Americans still don't care.

recently they used slaves to build the FIFA tournament and nobody cared. F1 will be fine there. $$$
Andrew2180.00