View Single Post
      01-24-2024, 09:56 AM   #631
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Lots of people. He is thrown in there because he is a winner. However, have you ever heard people marvel at his arm? Uh, no. Ever heard people marvel at how he changed plays or audibles with a rolodex of remembering plays from 6-7 years earlier like Peyton or Rodgers? No.

He is a leader and a winner, no doubt. He is the greatest winner of all time. However, when it comes to greatest skilled QB of all time.....he isn't talked about in the same class as Montana, Favre, Rodgers, Manning, etc....he just isn't.

Drew Brees is another good example. Good player.....but hardly the best arm or placement or anything. Yeah, he has great stats....he played forever, like Brady did. I never hear anyone talking about Brees as being one of the best ever, though. He played in pass happy systems in an era where QB's can't be touched and the game is slanted towards offense.

I mean no shit Brady has the most touchdowns and etc....he played 23 damn years. Rodgers literally has only 2/3 of the attempts Brady has. Manning has 25% less attempts....if they all played the same amount, Brady wouldn't be first in any of those.

Also, I don't see what NE or Tampa's record matters. Brady went to a STACKED team in Tampa with more talent on either side of the ball than he ever had in NE. So Jordan Love is better than ARod because the Packers won more this year than Rodgers did last year? Um, OK.
you must not watch football much if you think people never said brady had elite arm talent or that he never audibled or switched plays at the line...

same with Drew Brees. He had elite arm talent up until the last couple years of his career.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Clark_Kent2242.50