View Single Post
      10-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #21
Maestro
Major
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Didn't facial recognition unlock fail at the iPhone X deput at the Steve jobs auditorium ��
I guess it will probably be successful overall - and probably the single reason I'm debating holding off for the X
Yes it did and worked as designed. It was later revealed the phone will default to passcode after a number of failed attempt to ID the person. If you notice the phone was handle by a couple of people so it tried to ID them and when it could not it allowed for the pass code, but do that a couple of time and it defaults back to the passcode only. This is what happen on stage.

Touch ID does the same thing, Also most people do not know that if the phone was not unlocked in the last 48 with Touch ID it required you to enter the pass code and it also require that one every 7 days you have to enter the passcode.

It is a security feature of the devices. One reason is Law enforcement can not compel you to unlock the phone with the passcode, but they can compel you to put your finger on the touch ID. I would image the same is true to Face ID.