View Single Post
      09-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #1
shrimp_chips
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: F10 M5 ZCP

UPS damaged parts, dealer won’t refund unless I pay fee, won’t replace until UPS pays

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can offer some insight to my situation.

I ordered some parts from a BMW dealer online, the total cost was close to $6K for the two items. It took much longer than expected to receive the parts because the "in stock" items magically turned into "special-order" items once the dealer received my payment .

Well once it was delivered by UPS, the items were damaged beyond use. There were notes in the box stating that I must contact within 24hrs if damaged, which I found a little unusual. So I contacted the dealer, sent photos, and shipped everything immediately. That was on August 12, 2017.

Now the dealer is still waiting for UPS to respond to the claim as of today, September 24th. I requested a refund, but I'd have to be responsible for a 20% restocking fee and PayPal 'refund fee.' I sort of feel this is excessive because the dealer has yet to order the replacement parts because UPS hasn't paid the claim yet, and I've refunded a few items on PayPal, and was never charged a fee.

Please let me know if you've had a similar experience or if you think my situation is unusual. Thanks!