06-02-2017, 11:40 PM   #47
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
The Camry is at fault because of the double lines but the biker was not driving defensively. There's major traffic and you're speeding in the adjacent lane. To add to that, you're driving a bike which is difficult for anybody to see, especially when it comes out of nowhere going over 80 mph.
This.

I have the same philosophy driving as i do riding: if you're going faster than the rest of the traffic, or behaving in any way that people wont expect, the onus is on you to leave enough room to react and anticipate people cutting you off.

Especially on a bike, because you're the one who's going to end up dead.

I had one rule drilled into me when I was learning to ride: Act like you're invisible to the cars.

I mean, obviously the car in front is at fault (im assuming it was illegal to cross into that lane?) But the rider should've been riding more defensively.

Does anyone else here naturally count cars / watch exits when driving? If he wasn't on autopilot he should've at least seen it was congested ahead and slowed for the path - or if he was driving in 'sport aware' mode, would've seen that the lane that the car came from was open and he had an exit by tucking between the same two cars that car did.

Blaming the other car and posting this shit on youtube saying "watch before you merge" is the attitude of a rider who's going to an early grave.

This is a story of John O'Day
Who died maintaining his right of way
He was right, dead right, as he sailed along
But he's just as dead as if he were wrong.

Last edited by xQx; 06-02-2017 at 11:50 PM..