Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
      02-20-2017, 12:44 PM   #1061
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Reminds me of an incident I was involved in. Happened a few years ago in downtown San Jose at all places a Christmas event in the park. The event was really cool with lots of displays. Many of them were animated with music. But I remember telling myself, man...there's a lot of people here and I only see two actual police officers. The rest were auxiliary staff with no authority to carry a sidearm. Sure enough gang members showed up. A fight breaks out and shots fired. A guy in the fight gets hit by gun fire. The others in the victim's group run and scatter. One of the guys in the group shooting, chases one of the fleeing rival gang down the street tossing vendor sidewalk signs at him. The shop I was ushered everyone near the store front into the store and locked the doors. And in the distance, I heard sirens converging on the spot.

To this day, I have no idea why the San Jose police thought 2 uniformed armed officers was enough to police an event which spanned about 3 to 4 city blocks with my guess about a thousand or so attendees.